Today I was thinking about things that I should film for upcoming makeup tutorials or general videos for my youtube channel, and then the fact that I had created a blog to make up (haha, pun intended) for videos that I were to ever not film, or something to have on the side… completely skipped my mind. SO I decided to celebrate my (barely) return with the things that I bought today. So I work a stable job, still live at home, and dont have suuper important expenses to pay for, so the odd time I go and buy stuff, I buy a lot at a time. However, there are 10 days till Christmas, and the fact that I had no presents bought for anyone, lead me to the lovely Toronto Eatons Centre to shop for my mom, my sisters and a couple of other people. I’m obviously not going to write what I got them, because how interesting (and long) would that post be? And ain’t nobody got time for that. First off, drugstore products *evil laugh*
- Based off of the many reviews/ first impressions from other bloggers/beauty vloggers, I decided to finally pick up the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. It was on sale, so that’s what gravitated me towards actually purchasing it (guilty). It is supposedly a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional Primer which I know and have loooooved for many years, and I really enjoy that it is $10.99 as opposed to the $36 dollars the porefessional is. It claims to : Instantly blur the look of pores, without clogging them and Smooth and refine the skin’s appearance.Which i figured would be fairly obvious considering its “pore erasing” nature. However, i will be doing a first impressions video on my channel for all of this stuff, so be sure to check that out once its up.Next, I picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade sandstorm. I bought this because my sister, actually. She bought it and i had always been hesitant in buying it because the drugstores rarely have samplers so i literally am buying these products blindly and it really makes me nervous. But I’ve used her powder and I really liked it, I just didnt know what shade it was, and she didnt answer the text I sent her asking what shade she had… drama. So I mean, I know i like the product, I just hope it matches my skin so that I can actually use it. Oh, and it was on sale for $6.99 which is always a plus
- And lastly, I picked up the Maybelline Lash Sensation Full Fan Effect Mascara. This was the only one of the three products that weren’t on sale *sigh* but I decided to pick this lil’ guy up because of its pink packaging. If there’s one thing you should know about me, is that I am a sucker for pretty packaging… it’s actually horrible. I bought it solely because it was a new product, and in order to keep up to date with products, I need to keep up with the new stuff when they’re still new because I seem to be very slow with this stuff. It’s a rubber wand, which I like, and it actually reminds me alot of the Loreal Lash Out Butterfly mascara that I quickly fell in love with. So I’m excited to see how that one works out for me.
Next, I stopped by MAC. I love the MAC counter in the Eatons Centre because I was working at one of the Starbucks stores in that mall in the summertime, and I quickly became friends with a boy that works at MAC, and I always seem to make it a mission to go and have a little chat with him if he’s there because he is faaaaabulous. But I was looking for something to buy for my older sister for Christmas; I bought her one of the pigment/glitter holiday sets last year, so I wanted to see what I could get her this year. I ended up completely giving up and just buying something for myself. I picked up a Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in the shade Medium Dark. I thought to try it out, because in being a HUGE fangirl of the one and only Jaclyn Hill, she always seems to mention how MSF’s are prime to contour with, because they’re a smoother consistency than a bronzer/ bronzing powder. So Kyle was there, and he tried it out on my skin, and when I walked out of there I couldnt stop getting compliments on how radiant and glowing my skin looked. It was awesome.
After that, I decided to stop by Bath and Bodyworks… because when don’t you make a pit stop in there whenever you’re in a mall… right? So because I knew they’d have good deals for their products, I decided to look around, and I even received a 30% off coupon the moment I walked in so i was pretty pumped I could use that ON TOP of the amazing deals they were already having. At this time last year, I decided to try out their wallflowers. I loved the concept of being able to have a scent running through your room 24/7 without needing to worry about a candle being lit. So I bought 3 more wallflower… refills? (dont know what they’re actually called). I picked out
Warm Vanilla Sugar
I only picked those ones up because they were the only ones that had the matching candle readily available to smell, because there’s nothing worse than getting home and realizing you dont like the stupid wallflower thing you bought. And they were all on sale for $3 when they’re originally $7.50 so that was a pretty good deal.
And laaaast but not least, my trip to Sephora! In order to celebrate my highly (and surprisingly successful) semester, I decided to really treat myself to things I know I reeeeally wanted.It’s kinda like being Santa but not having to wait 10 days and potential sleigh ride damage (haha).
- So firstly, I picked up the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue. This product has been raaaaaved about left right and centre, and given the nature of this time of year, it’s inevitable that I need something that will properly adhere the loads of glitter I plan on putting on my face. So I finally picked that up, after seeing how amazingly it holds glitter to your eyelids and that retailed to about $24.
- Next, I stopped by the BECCA counter, and finally puckered up the courage to splurge on two things I’ve been wanting since God was a boy. I picked up the Shimmering Pressed Skin Perfector in Moonstone ($46) and holy Mother Theresa is this thing the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. It can be very scary if you’re not light handed with it, but it’s the prettiest finely mild champagne colour. I’ve only swatched it on the back of my hand and I literally cannot WAIT to put this all over my face (not actually but you understand what Im getting at)
- Then I picked up a Mineralize Blush in Damselfly ($38) . I can’t seem to remember whether it was Casey Holmes or Jaclyn that mentioned how beautiful this blush is, but it lives up to their decription in every way shape and form. I would describe it to be a dusty-mauvey-pink… But that’s just my talent in describing things talking. It does have a shimmer, but nothing horrifying. It reminds me alot of Lovejoy by MAC, just in the similarity I saw from having swatched the two on the back of my hand. Beautiful blush nonetheless, and I cant wait to use it.
And that my friends is the end of the damage I did today, If you guys want me to include pictures/swatches of any of these products, let me know because I will most definitely do that. Just another thing, I’ve just sort of gotten used to talking about products in front of a camera, but believe it or not, I feel much more intimidated writing blog posts. I’m in no way shape or form a writer, I’m literally just writing what I would say if this was in a youtube video. So bare with me, I want to expand so that I can get more reviews/ posts up more regularly. Feel free to contact my email at mariahadiamanPR@gmail.com for any questions/concerns. I’m really happy to be back – much love Mariah